Last updated on February 14th 2021.
If you do not have any intention of reading my review policy, spare some time and do not sent a request. I do not take into consideration the requests that do not follow my solicitations.
I am quite pleased that you are considering me for a book review. With that being said, here is my review policy:
Currently accepting/ not accepting requests:
Starting with February 14th, I won’t take any review requests for March 2021, but I will start accepting inquiries for April 2021. I have a large volume of ARCs waiting for their reviews to be posted, and I do not want to neglect any of them. Feel free to send me inquiries but keep in mind that I won’t post a review until mid April.
Where I am going to promote the reviews:
When I decide to take a review request, I will try my best to promote it on every social media account I have. Without a doubt, I will post the review on the blog, my Goodreads page and advertise it on Twitter (personal account and also the blog related one) and Pinterest (I do make special graphics for Pinterest). I am NOT able to post any reviews on Amazon! I have the option to post the future review on BookBub, StoryGraph and Barnes&Noble. You have to specify in the request email if you want the review to be posted on these platforms.
I don’t promise that every review I write will be posted on every social media account I have.
About my reviews:
Most of my reviews include a section with the book’s pieces of information (title, author, date of publication, publisher, number of pages, the edition I chose to read and an Amazon link to the product), the review itself, an about the author section, sometimes quotes from the book and the rating. I am very picky when it comes to ARC reviews, and not all of my reviews have 5-star ratings. My reviews will be entirely honest, and if it is a bad review, please note that I am reviewing the book and not the author. I try our best to post the review in the month of publication, but I do not guarantee that the review will be posted on the day of publication.
I do not post daily, and please do not expect me to read and review the book in only one week. It usually takes longer than that. I tend to read fast, but there are usually other books waiting for a reivew, so that is why it may take longer.
*I’ll specify in the response email an approximate date when the review will be published.
If the book happens to be a DNF, I’ll send an email informing you that I couldn’t finish the book. I will tell you the reason why I stopped, and at which point in the book I stopped. I usually have written notes so I can have a list with everything my review will include. You can ask for them as a response to my email and I will happily send them to you, as criticism for future books.
I include quotes into my reviews, and if the book does not have an explicit disclaimer which tells me if I am allowed or not to take quotes from the book, you have to explicitly tell me in the request email. I do not copy-paste full pages or chapters into my reviews, but I need to know if I can use short paragraphs and quotes.
What should a review request include:
- some brief pieces of information about the book (the date of publication, the summary, publisher, etc.).
- an excerpt of the book (so I can see if I like it or not).
- some brief pieces of information about the author (a set of pictures and a short description).
- any relevant information.
- the time frame for when you expect the review to be posted.
- any trigger warnings the book may have. If there are none, I want you to specify.
- any diveristy tags the book may have. (own voices, POC representation, LGBTQAIP+ represenation, etc). If there are none, I want you to specify.
- If yoo have a press kit on your website, you don’t need to send me the infos. Just link the site, and I’ll take them myself. (3)
- Do not send your book for review before you have contacted me and received my approval.
- I need you to tell me what makes the book have a certain diversity tag. Example: POC representation (the main character is black). (7)
IF YOU DO NOT RESPECT MY SOLICIATIONS, I WON’T TAKE YOUR REQUEST INTO CONSIDERATION!
I tend to email you saying that the request was poorly written, and didn’t respect my guidelines. I usually ask you to rewrite it, but as the volume of emails grows, I can’t answer to every bad request I receive. If I didn’t answer in 14 days, that means you did not respect my requirements.
Genres I will most likely accept:
- Action and adventure
- Chick Lit
- Comic book
- Graphic novel
- Historical fiction
- Horror (picky)
- teens & Young adult
Formats I accept:
- print copies (Paperback & Hardcover)
- digital copies (Mobi format)
*I prefer print copies, but I also accept digital copies. If you have any interest in sending me a review copy, keep in mind that I live in Romania.
My rating system is:
- Writing Quality x/5,
- Character Development x/5,
- ‘Couldn’t put it down’ – ness x/5,
- Intellectual Depth x/5,
- Originality x/5,
- Overall x/5 stars.
*I also have the option to rate a book 6 stars, but that is only if it is an all time favourite.
Thank you for taking the time to read my review policy! I am looking forward to working with you!